BILD Introduces Three New Awards
As featured in Construction Connect
October 12, 2021
TORONTO — The Building Industry and Land Development Association (BILD) recently held the 2021 BILD Awards, recognizing excellence in the design, construction, marketing and sales of new homes in the GTA.
Forty-nine awards were given out in a variety of categories. The winners were chosen from 1,000 submitted entries by a group of 52 expert judges from across North America and Europe.
OPUS Homes was named Home Builder of the Year, Low-Rise, while Great Gulf Homes received the title of Home Builder of the Year, Mid/High-Rise. The category recognizes builders who set the standard for the rest of the industry through their professionalism and dedication to excellence, indicates a release, adding a key component of the judging process is a customer satisfaction survey, which factors the end-user’s experience into the award criteria.
Tridel took home the title of Green Builder of the Year, Mid/High-Rise, the 10th time since 2010. Minto Communities was named Green Builder of the Year, Low-Rise. It was the third time Minto received the award.
Other winners included:
- Canary District, a project under development in Toronto’s West Don Lands by BILD members Dream Asset Management Corp. and Kilmer Group, won in the category of Best New Community, Planned/Under Development.
- West Shore Beach Club, a new community of fully detached homes on Lake Couchiching, built by Summerhill Homes, received the award for Best New Community, Built.
- The award for Project of the Year, Mid/High-Rise, went to Junction Point, by Gairloch Developments.
- The award for Project of the Year, Low-Rise, went to The Enclave, by StateView Homes.
- The People’s Choice Award went to CityPointe Commons in Brampton, by DECO Homes, OPUS Homes, Poetry Living, HBNG Holborn Group and TACC Developments.
- The Stephen Dupuis Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Award, established in the name of the late esteemed BILD President and CEO and presented to a member company or individual with a demonstrated commitment to CSR, was presented to Lifetime Developments.
- Johnson Cheng of Cornerstone Marketing Realty was the recipient of the Riley Brethour Leadership Award, named after the late founder of PMA Brethour Realty and presented to an individual who exemplifies outstanding professional achievement and leadership.
BILD also introduced two other new awards.
Tridel received the inaugural Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Award, presented for the first time this year, for its commitment to building a corporate culture that embraces diversity and proactively addresses racism, while driving change within the industry and promoting social inclusion and cohesion in the communities where it builds, the release states.
The Ignat Kaneff Inspiration Award was established in the memory of the late “Iggy” Kaneff, the Bulgarian-born founder of Kaneff Group and will be presented to an individual or member company dedicated to supporting newcomers to Canada, by providing them with employment, training and mentorship opportunities.
Jack Torossian, CEO of Golden Bee Homes, received the first Ignat Kaneff Inspiration Award for his contributions to supporting Syrian newcomers.
The Angelo DelZotto Fearless Innovator Award was named in honour of the late leader of Tridel, celebrating the pursuit of innovation in all forms, including processes, technologies and products, with a positive impact on people, communities and business.
The inaugural Angelo DelZotto award was presented to two winners. The first was the TACC Group of Companies, led by Silvio De Gasperis, for its innovations in engineering, construction infrastructure product design and urban planning. The second winner was Spotlight Development and Urban Capital Property Group for Reina Condominiums, a project led by the first all-female development team in Canada.
For a full list of BILD Awards winners, visit www.bildawards.com.
BILD — For the 10th time since 2010, Tridel took home the title of Green Builder of the Year in the mid/highrise category at the Building Industry and Land Development (BILD) 2021 Awards.