Interior Design in Toronto, ON
While the structure of your home is largely based on engineering restrictions and building codes, the interior styling knows no bounds. With help from a knowledgeable interior designer, you can integrate the two with elegant, functional results.
Part of the appeal of undertaking a renovation project is the chance to redesign the interior with new fixtures, finishes, and features. However, the sheer amount of options can be overwhelming. Through open communication and collaboration, Golden Bee Homes can guide you toward realizing your ideal living space!
What is Interior Design?
Interior design is the art and science of making a living space more functional, ergonomic, and aesthetically pleasing. Interior design services from Golden Bee Homes include the following:
- Space planning
- Material and finish selection
- Furniture, textiles, art, and accessory selection
- Procurement, purchase, and installation of selected products
The Interior Design Process
We offer full-service interior design for projects ranging from small remodels to whole-house renovations to custom home construction. This means we take care of all your needs from start to finish—no need to hire a separate architect, project manager, or builder. Here’s what our interior design process entails:
- Initial consultation: Our designer meets with you to learn about your needs, goals, and aesthetic tastes.
- Design phase: We interpret your wants and needs into computer drawings and 3D renderings so you can visualize how the finished product will look.
- Material selection: We discuss the scope of your product in greater detail, helping you select materials and finishes that suit your functional needs and design preferences. Cost projections come into play here, allowing us to formulate a detailed budget for your approval.
Once you’re pleased with the final design, construction begins! Trust us to expertly transform the design from paper to reality.
Why Choose Golden Bee Homes?
Our company is named for the hard-working, highly social, and intelligent honey bee. A beehive is a complex working system where every member plays a critical role in the entire colony’s success. Here’s what to expect when you work with us:
- Reduce your carbon footprint
- Employ high-tech solar panels and geothermal power
- Enjoy a more comfortable home
- Lower your utility bills
- Give back with donations to Habitat for Humanity
- Knowledge expertise
- Honesty and integrity
- Quality materials and service
- Timely communication
- Award-winning designs
- Superior customer service
- Complete transparency
- Professionalism and organization
- Meticulous attention to detail
Frequently Asked Questions About Interior Design
What is the difference between an interior designer and an interior decorator?
An interior designer undergoes formal education and licensure to help them create functional, ergonomic spaces while achieving a certain aesthetic. Interior decorators, on the other hand, merely have a good artistic eye. They don’t have formal training and focus purely on making the space look nice. In short, interior designers may decorate, but decorators don’t design.
How do I know if I need interior design services?
Do you feel overwhelmed at the prospect of finding comfortable, functional, and stylish furniture for every room? Are you unsure what colour you should paint the walls or what floor covering you should install? These are all signs that you could benefit from residential interior design services.
What are the seven elements of interior design?
Good interior design achieves the ideal balance between these seven elements:
What are three popular interior design styles?
You have dozens of design styles to choose from. Three of the most popular include:
- Traditional interior design: Homes in this style feature ornate detailing, natural materials, and furniture-grade cabinets and built-ins.
- Modern interior design: This style is characterized by fewer ornamental details, favouring clean lines and functional design. Modern homes have open floor plans, synthetic materials, and large windows.
- Transitional interior design: As a combination of traditional and modern, this design style has some amount of detailing, a mix of natural and artificial materials, and a neutral colour scheme.
Request Interior Design Services in Toronto, ON
As a fully licensed, registered, and insured design/build firm in Toronto, Golden Bee Homes is committed to creating beautifully crafted custom homes and innovative renovation designs. When we’re finished, your home will not only be a pleasure to look at but to live in as well.
Ready to start designing your dream home? Request a free consultation with our interior design team today!