Project Management in Toronto, ON
The ability to structure and manage a job from start to finish is the key to any successful construction project. Accurate estimates, feasible scheduling, and efficient task delegation are necessary to mitigate the risk of cost and time overruns. To achieve all this, you need a reliable project manager in your corner. That’s where Golden Bee Homes comes in. We expertly oversee the building process so you can sit back, relax, and watch your dream home materialize before your very eyes.
Project Management for New Construction
Project management is the process of overseeing and guiding a construction project. The phases of project management include:
- Initiation and conception: When you approach us with your request, we determine if our skills and expertise are the right fit for your project.
- Pre-construction: We organize the project by creating a schedule, assigning team roles, assessing the job site, and assembling key materials.
- Project launch and execution: We begin transforming the design team’s blueprints into reality.
- Project supervision: We track the project’s performance as it proceeds. Some key performance indicators include planned time vs. time spent, budgeted cost vs. actual cost, and the number of schedule adjustments.
- Wrap up and presentation: When construction is complete, we present the finished product for you to enjoy for years to come.
Responsibilities of a Project Manager
Our design/build experience, coupled with our obsessive attention to detail, enables us to manage construction projects successfully. Here are the responsibilities we take on:
- Estimate project costs and compile a budget
- Create a schedule
- Perform a risk management assessment
- Communicate and collaborate with the client
- Prepare and administer construction documents
- Set up parameters for executing the project
- Procure materials
- Obtain building permits and inspections
- Supervise workers and ensure regulation adherence
- Conduct other activities related to the construction project’s daily progression
Why Choose Golden Bee Homes?
We provide far more than just project management. Choose us for all your design, construction, and renovation needs. Here’s what sets us apart from other design/build firms:
- Award-winning designs
- Superior customer service
- Quality workmanship standards
- Complete transparency
- Timely project completion
- Open communication and collaboration
Frequently Asked Questions About Project Management
Why is project management necessary for new construction?
Without a project manager, you run a far greater risk of losing time, going over budget, and running into legal complications. Project management also creates clear lines of accountability, eliminating any confusion about who the decision-makers are and what objectives the project hopes to complete.
Who should hire a project manager?
It makes sense to hire a project manager if you have a building design planned out and a general contractor lined up, but you don’t have the time or expertise to supervise the construction yourself. A good project manager serves as your eyes and ears on the job site, even as you go about your normal routine.
How does a project manager keep a project on schedule and on budget?
Project management is a highly skilled career path. People who become project managers must have the proper technical knowledge and meticulous attention to detail to successfully coordinate all the moving parts of a construction project.
What are some obstacles that project managers face?
The four most common obstacles of residential construction projects include:
- Poor budget planning
- OSHA violations
- Lack of communication
- Undefined milestones
Determining the likelihood of these obstacles and the necessary steps to resolve them—also known as risk management—is the key to reducing time and monetary losses if they occur.
Request Project Management Services in Toronto, ON
At Golden Bee Homes, we recognize that every client has unique needs. Whether you’re looking for a project manager or you want start-to-finish design/build services in Toronto, we have you covered. We guarantee your satisfaction, so you can get started with confidence!
To learn more about our project management services, please request a free consultation today.