Basement Renovations in Toronto, ON
An unfinished basement is nothing more than wasted square footage. Turn this vast, concrete room into a comfortable, relaxing living space with help from Golden Bee Homes. We’ll give your family more room to spread out without having to move.
Contact us today at (416) 495-8282 to begin discussing your ideas for a basement renovation in Toronto, ON.
Elements of a Basement Renovation
What do you envision for your newly finished basement? Here are some popular basement renovation trends for 2021 to inspire your project:
- Game rooms
- Rec rooms
- Home theaters
- Family rooms
- Wine cellars
- Craft rooms
- Home gyms
- Apartment suites
- In-law suites
Our Basement Renovation Process
Golden Bee Homes proudly takes on every aspect of your basement renovation project. This simplifies the process because you don’t need to hire multiple companies to get the job done. Here’s what our design/build process entails:
- Understand client expectations: Our first goal is to learn your wants, needs, and goals for finishing your basement. If our services seem like the right fit, we’ll move on to the next step.
- Complete the design process: As a design/build basement renovation company in Toronto, we can take your project from concept to completion. The design phase involves creating drawings, renderings, and concept art to help you envision the final product. Our team also presents you with a detailed cost estimate, so you know our services will fit your budget.
- Sign the contract and begin construction: Once we have your approval, our build team gets to work bringing your vision to life. We won’t deem the job complete until you sign off on the final walk-through of your finished basement.
Why Choose Golden Bee Homes?
Don’t trust your basement renovation to just any home renovation company in Toronto. Golden Bee Homes strives to exceed your expectations by offering the following:
- Award-winning designs
- Superior customer service
- Quality workmanship standards
- Complete transparency
- Timely project completion
- Open communication and collaboration
- Meticulous attention to detail
Frequently Asked Questions About Basement Renovations
Is it worth finishing the basement?
Yes! Consider that, unlike other home additions, an unfinished basement already has walls, ceilings, and floors before you even begin to renovate, saving you money on your project. Basement renovations also offer unique opportunities to improve your quality of life, and the project offers an impressive return on investment of around 79%.
How much does it cost to finish a basement?
The project typically costs between $7 and $50 per square foot, so you could expect to spend between $7,000 and $50,000 to finish a 1,000-square-foot basement. If drywall and concrete floors are already installed, anticipate lower costs. If you install luxury fixtures and finishes, the price tag will land on the higher end of the spectrum. Don’t forget to factor in furniture and decor as well.
Is it legal to have a bedroom in the basement?
Yes. In fact, adding an extra bedroom or apartment suite in the basement is a popular trend in 2021. The bedroom must include a code-compliant egress window. This means the window must be large enough (at least 24 inches tall with a 5.7-square-foot opening) and low enough (no more than 44 inches above the finished floor) to escape through in an emergency.
Schedule Basement Renovation Services in Toronto, ON
The team at Golden Bee Homes is ready to help bring your vision for a finished basement to life! You can trust that our extensive experience, award-winning designs, and superior customer service will lead to your complete satisfaction.
Call us today at (416) 495-8282 or contact us online to get your basement renovation project started.